At 4th Dimension Toastmasters we believe that excellence in public speaking is attainable and anyone can have fun achieving this.
You may be here because:
- You want to improve your public speaking in order to progress up the career ladder.
- Your knees turn to jelly and you get anxious every time you have to speak.
- You want to have the confidence to be able to speak in front of a crowd.
- You want to become a better public speaker.
If so, you have come to the right place!
Public speaking is learnt
Few of us, if any, are natural public speakers and it is a skill gained through experience. Through practice, familiarity as well as by listening to the constructive criticism of peers and mentors, the public speaking mistakes learnt over the years can be unlearnt.
Through Toastmasters, public speaking skills are honed and developed, allowing the speaker to progress as well as improve confidence in front of a crowd. By learning to pause, expressing one’s self with a few words and using vibrant and vivid descriptions to get one’s point across, the basic foundations of public speaking skills are built.
In addition to improving your public speaking skills, Toastmasters provide a unique opportunity to learn valuable leadership skills.
The key to success is the mutually supportive and positive learning environment. When you stand to make your speech you know the feedback from your peers is there to encourage not belittle, to praise your strong-points and overcome your weak ones.
How does Toastmasters work?
Your journey will start with the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience; an exciting, flexible and interactive way to develop your skills. Pathways helps you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed. It gives you:
- The opportunity to build up to 300 unique competencies.
- 10 specialized learning paths to choose from.
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere.